NFL: Houston @ Kansas City, the Macro Level Review
Final Score: Kansas City 51 Houston 31
The Football Scout 365 macro-level review provides a 1000 foot view of the game.
- Houston started the game up 21-0 in emphatic fashion by blocking a punt leading to a score and then picking up a KC muffed punt that led to another score.
- Houston led 24-0 with 10:54 left in the 2nd QTR before giving up 28 unanswered points in 10:54 seconds.
- Down 24-0, Mecole Hardman sparked the Chiefs with a 58-yard kick return.
- Up 24-7 Houston tried and failed to convert a fake punt in their territory, giving up momentum.
- Watson started the game fast and finished with 388 yards passing and 2 TD’s on 52 attempts.
- Deandre Hopkins had 9 grabs for 118 yards.
- Patrick Mahomes caught fire after the 1st QTR throwing for 321 yards, and 5 TD’s on 23-35 passing.
- Travis Kelce was equally as hot as Mahomes scoring 3 TD’s on 10 receptions for 134 yards.
- Damien Williams compiled 47 yards on 12 carries and two TD’s.
- The Chiefs defense forced 2 INT’s, 0 sacks, 2 TFL’s on 83 plays.
- The Texans defense compiled 1 sack, 2 TFL’s, 1 INT, and 1 fumble recovery on 47 plays.
- Houston went 5-12 on third down.
- Kansas City converted 4-8 on third down.
Inside the numbers, Houston Offensive Efficiency vs. Kansas City Defensive Efficiency Heading into this game.
Inside the numbers, Kansas City Offensive Efficiency vs. Houston Defensive Efficiency heading into this game.