NFL: Minnesota @ San Francisco, the Macro Level Review
Final Score San Francisco 27 Minnesota 10
The Football Scout 365 macro-level review provides a 1000 foot view of the game.
- San Francisco dominated the Viking offense holding them to 147 yards of offense. The Vikings averaged 3.3 yards per play.
- The 49ers rushed 47 times for 186 yards and two TD’s. The 49ers’s ran 68 total plays rushing the ball 69% of the time.
- The Vikings rushed 10 times for 21 yards averaging 2.1 yards per attempt with zero TDs. Minnesota rushed the ball on 22% of their 45 total plays.
- Minnesota penetrated the red zone one time the entire game.
- Minnesota’s one highlight was a bomb from cousins to Diggs for a 41 yard TD against the coverage of Ahkello Witherspoon. Diggs would finish with one more catch and 57 total yards.
- Dalvin Cook could not get anything going picking up 18 yards on nine carries.
- San Francisco dominated the time of possession 38:27.
- With 9:42 left in the 3rd QTR, the 49ers had a drive that consisted of eight straight runs for 44 yards and TD.
- The San Francisco defense compiled 6 sacks, 1 INT, 1 Fumble Recovery, and ten 3rd down stops on 45 plays.
- The Vikings defense picked up 2 sacks, 1 INT, 1 fumble recovery, and seven 3rd down stops against 68 plays.
- San Francisco played physical on both sides of the football and dominated this game.
Inside the numbers, Minnesota Offensive Efficiency vs. San Francisco Defensive Efficiency Heading into this game.
Inside the numbers, San Francisco Offensive Efficiency vs. Minnesota Defensive Efficiency heading into this game.